Type 1 diabetes is one of the most complicated conditions to understand (even for many doctors!) so Drs. E and P are breaking it all down in our newest podcast episode. They'll take you through what T1D is, to the process of developing type 1, to research going on to treat the different stages of developing type 1. And trust us when we say there is a LOT to be optimistic about!
TAKING CONTROL OF YOUR DIABETES – THE PODCAST! ...With Expert Endocrinologists Living with T1D, Drs. Steven V. Edelman & Jeremy Pettus
The Science of Type 1 Diabetes
Questions We’ll Cover in This Episode :
• What is type 1 diabetes and why is it so hard to cure?
• What causes T1D?
• What is the process of developing T1D?
• Can you get tested for T1D even before you develop symptoms?
• What research is going on for therapies to prevent T1D? (Stage 1 in the development of T1D)
• What research is going on for therapies to preserve beta cells? (Stage 2 in the development of T1D)
• What research is going on for beta cell replacement therapy? (Stage 3 in the development of T1D)
• How do FDA panels work to approve a new therapy?
• How can I get involved in clinical trials related to T1D research?
To get involved in T1D Research (JDRF): https://www.jdrf.org/impact/research/clinical-trials/**Tune in for a new episode on the last Monday of every month! Like what you hear and want to help us grow? Please rate and review this podcast so we can reach more people living with diabetes!**
★ Support this podcast ★