Heart disease is one of the most common conditions in the U.S. and is also a risk factor for people living with diabetes. So can we prevent a negative cardiac event before it happens? Dr. E is sitting down with heart surgeon turned integrative cardiologist, Dr. Mimi Guarneri, to discuss best practices to live a heart-healthy lifestyle beyond medication. And Dr. G provides small steps you can implement into your life today.
TAKING CONTROL OF YOUR DIABETES – THE PODCAST! ...With Expert Endocrinologists Living with T1D, Drs. Steven V. Edelman & Jeremy Pettus
Hardcore Cardiologist Incorporates "Integrative Medicine” to Treat the Whole Person – Featuring Mimi Guarneri, MD
Questions We’ll Cover in This Episode:
• What causes cardiovascular disease? Can you intervene to prevent a negative cardiac event?
• What is integrative medicine?
• How does nutrition relate to health? Give us a “what to eat in a day” example.
• What treatments can you introduce beyond medication to prevent cardiovascular disease?
• What causes inflammation and what are the signs of inflammation that go unnoticed?
• How does inflammation affect the body?
• What is the mind-body connection? How do the gut microbiome and hormone levels affect how you feel?
• What is an integrative approach to treating type 2 diabetes?
• How do you stay motivated to stay on a health program?
• What is important to know about a lipid panel?
To learn about the”Dirty Dozen” and then “Clean 15”: https://www.ewg.org/foodnews/**Tune in for a new episode on the last Monday of every month! Like what you hear and want to help us grow? Please rate and review this podcast so we can reach more people living with diabetes!**
★ Support this podcast ★